Monday, December 21, 2009

From the tropical heat of Mombasa to the snow covered rooftops of London...

I'm in LONDON!! I love love LOVE it here! I'm staying with my friend Tessa (who I went to UCSC with for a year). We stayed in her flat in London the first night I was here and now we're at her family's house in Reading. It is SNOWING!!! I've never been in a city with snow before. It's really cool and SO beautiful seeing the gorgeous old stone houses covered with a fresh layer of snow. We went to Oxford today just to wander around. It was really beautiful. We walked around for a good 3 hours and then warmed ourselves up with some high tea at 3pm. It was GREAT! we just got back to Reading and it was snowing like crazy! Apparently this is the first time it's really snowed this much in this part of england. we had to walk back to the house because all the roads are closed. It was fun, and kind of difficult (slippery on the hills). We're listening to Christmas carols and are going to decorate the tree and drink hot coco with the family tonight! it's so wonderful. I am definitely in the Christmas spirit now! Tomorrow we are going to go back to London (if the weather permits) and are going to go to the Tate Modern, wander around shops, listen to Christmas carols in a chapel and then the Nutcracker at night. I'm excited! Although, I'm kind of worried about my flight. I really hope it's not delayed!! I'll keep you posted on what happens. But I am really enjoying myself here. It has be great to catch up with tessa and her family is just really wonderful. What a wonderful end to a wonderful trip!

Much love and Merry Christmas!!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment